Play your classic strategy games on your phone
Back in the '90s, the strategy video game genre for PC was full of great titles. Some of them can be recovered thanks to ExaGear Strategies, an emulator that allows us to play them on our smartphone or tablet as if it were a 486 or a Pentium.
Turn your Android into a PC from the '90s
This emulator has been designed so that we can use all our old PC games on Android. For such purpose, we have to follow this procedure:
- Step 1: install the original game on your PC.
- Step 2: the contents of this folder has to be copied to the ExaGear folder in our Android's root directory.
- Step 3: run the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Step 4: search for the game's executable file.
However, for the time being (and it doesn't look like we'll see any changes anytime soon), the list of video games is quite short:
- Heroes of Might and Magic III.
- Disciples II.
- Civilization 3.
- Panzer General 2.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 5.0.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...