Hangouts Chat is a new communications tool focused on corporate productivity that comes along with security and confidentiality features. Google intends to enter a sector that it has yet to master due to the great developments created by other parties such as Slack, Microsoft Team or even Skype.
The first thing you should know about this new platform is that it isn't available for everyone but only for the companies that use G Suite, a service provided by Google with several of its products on a customized domain for the client.
Hold fluid and clear communications with your team mates.
Main features of Hangouts for companies
This new platform offers us a clear communication that's necessary for any work team, providing us with greater productivity thanks to the following options and features:
- Internal messaging for teams from the same company whether by individual or group chats.
- Allows us to share contents from G Suite without having to grant permissions: Documents, Spreadsheets, and Slideshows.
- Includes a Google search engine to search both on the Internet and within chats and shared files.
- Allows us to hold video conferences through Hangouts Meet.
- Uses artificial intelligence to improve the workflow and bots to optimize the creation of meetings and other tasks.
- Google focuses on security to prevent the loss of data, to configure the admin, to file documents, to search, and to export from Google Vault.
- Compatible and synchronizable with the rest of the company's services such as Google Drive, Docs, Calendar or Gmail.