If we talk about spreadsheets, we definitely need to mention the program par excellence designed to deal with them within Microsoft Office. Who cares about the alternatives offered such as OpenOffice, LibreOffice or Google Docs with their Calc, Sheets, and others. Microsoft Excel is the king of spreadsheets, no doubt about it, and on all possible operating systems: Windows, Android, iOS or even macOS.
Main functions and features
The version for Mac of this program comes along with features and functions that are identical to those of the PC version. In other words:
- Edit and create customized spreadsheets.
- Import data from databases and other documents.
- Insert tables with numerical and alphanumerical values.
- Apply formulas and maths equations to carry out operations.
- Filter table values and order the data according to different criteria.
- Tool to generate charts to represent information visually.
- Support for macros for tasks that are carried out repeatedly.
- Collaborative work functions for several users working on the same file.
- Cloud synchronization through OneDrive to access files from any device.
- Compatible with the file formats XLS, XML, and CSV, among others.
The most complete software to work with large volumes of data and to automate certain processes and calculations.
Year after year, and version after version (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016...), this program offers us everything we need to work with large volumes of numerical or text data. Its functions make this information easier to handle and more flexible, simplifying their processing by means of organizing them into spreadsheets.
These tools, together with the possibility to graphically represent the information stored, make it one of the most useful applications in all sorts of contexts, especially if you have to generate reports.
Work simultaneously with other users
One of the most interesting features included in Office over the last few years is the support for collaborative work. Thus, several members of the same work team are authorized to edit the same document and remain up to date with every single change made to the spreadsheet. It makes the workflow much more fluid and all of them have access to the final version of the document.
Mac computers might not be the natural environment for Microsoft Office, but you definitely won't find a better program to work with Excel spreadsheets. Forget about Apple's alternatives and those developed by third parties if you want to use the best option available.