Create PowerPoint presentations on your Mac
When it comes to presenting a project or idea, giving a conference or explaining any concept in public, it's always a good idea to reinforce your talk with supporting audiovisual material. And the best program to create presentations that we can download to our Mac is definitely Microsoft PowerPoint, the classic tool included in the Microsoft Office suite.
PowerPoint for Mac: the best tool to create presentations
Ever since it first appeared in the 80s', this program has evolved constantly, incorporating improvements to adapt it to the demands and technological possibilities of each moment. Nowadays, it's mainly used in work centers and schools all over the world, becoming one of the most popular resources to show our ideas in public in a summarized manner.
It's included in the Microsoft Office package and, although there's an online version of PowerPoint, downloading the desktop version offers us greater flexibility, freedom, and possibilities to work.
Prezi, Google Slides or Apple Keynote are alternatives that aren't up to its level.
The latest version of PowerPoint, 2016, has left behind functions seen in previous versions such as 2010 or 2013, as it incorporates the latest in collaborative work and connectivity. Thus, apart from using preset templates that make work faster and easier, functions to format text, animations tools, or features to include videos, audios, and graphics, we also have to mention function such as the following:
- Transformation function that allows you to add fluid movements to the content by duplicating transition slides.
- Zoom function to create interactive summary slides capable of zooming in and out of presentation sections.
- Tools to cast the presentation onto a second screen with notes for the lecturer.
- Synchronization with online storage systems such as OneDrive or SharePoint.
- Synchronized collaboration with the rest of members of a work team.
- Add comments or reply to them just next to the slide you're working on.
Furthermore, one of the best features incorporated to PowerPoint and the rest of apps of the Office suite is the perfect synchronization between all the different apps available on different platforms so that we can work without trouble with other devices such as iPhone, Windows PC, Android, or the online version by simply logging in with our Microsoft account.
How to download PowerPoint?
However, we used to be able to download a standalone file to run PowerPoint but now there's no other option than going through Office 365. It's the solution designed by Microsoft to offer its office suite with a monthly subscription instead of paying a higher price all at once.
In any case, there are different plans and prices that can be adapted to the needs of each user: domestic, academic, professional... so, to be able to download the trial version, you'll have to sign up with valid payment details even if you're never going to buy the product.
Requirements and additional information:
- This download includes the full Microsoft Office suite, if you only want to try out Microsoft PowerPoint you'll have to indicate it during the installation.
- The trial period lasts for 30 days.
- You have to provide payment details.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...