The version of Microsoft's office suite full of updates
The most famous office suite has arrived once again on Mac with a new version. Office 2016 comes along with all the updates that Microsoft has gradually implemented, integrating to the maximum extent the possibility of working on documents on the cloud. Everything is adapted to the OS X environment, but without forgetting about the features that make Office unmistakable.
Despite the new design, Office comes along with all its traditional tools.
Important updates for all its tools
All the programs that are part of the pack have been renovated:
- Word: this tool incorporates new editing, review and shared use functions. The design and formats have also been updated.
- Excel: a new interface and more functions than in the previous 2013 edition.
- PowerPoint: the tool to create slideshows comes along with new transitions, a new task panel and new animations.
- OneNote: the tool to create notes and synchronize them with your devices, wherever you are.
- Outlook: new features such as storing online, synchronizing lists of categories or parallel calendars.
Despite the alternatives that pop up now and again for Microsoft's office suite, the truth is that it hardly has any competition. Even if you usually work on a Mac, you've probably forgotten all about Apple's office tools...
Why is it the best office suite?
Yes, even though you've got to pay to be able to use it, many users prefer it instead of free alternatives of the likes of LibreOffice. The reason has to do with its better performance and features, and that you have access to loads of more functions:
- Functions for collaborative work: it comes along with functions strictly aimed at collaborative work so that several users can collaborate on the same document at the same time. Each member of the team can modify documents that others view in real time.
- Guided work: the Tell Me function allows us to tell Excel, PowerPoint or Word what we want to do os that it can guide us through the entire process. Bing's smart search has a lot to do with this feature as we can view search results without leaving our document.
- Synchronization with OneDrive: Microsoft's cloud storage service allows you to sync your office work from different devices, whether Mac, iPhone, Android or PC. You can work on them wherever you go.
- Data Loss Prevention: to protect shared documents against infringements to the user policy.
Unlike previous versions, such as 2013 or 2010, here you won't have to pay to make use of the whole suite. It has implemented an online rental system by means of Office 365 so we only pay for the time we're going to use it, being able to contract different plans. There a one-month free trial but for such purpose, you'll need to register providing your payment details.
Requirements and additional information:
- The trial periods lasts one month.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...