The Office spreadsheet program
Within the Microsoft Office suite, Word and Excel are probably the two most popular applications among users. If the first one is the editor and word processor par excellence, the second one is undoubtedly the most used spreadsheet program in the world, both at home and professionally. Download Microsoft Excel for PC to work with different sheets and tables and all kinds of numerical and alphanumeric data, as well as create graphs and insert formulas, which is very useful for any type of financial, statistical or engineering task.
Its integration with Visual Basic for Applications also makes it very useful for anyone who wants to program small forms or applications with simple graphical user interfaces. And of course its sorting and filtering functions make it perfect for searching and comparing different data.
Display strings of data in the way that suits you best.
With all this it is normal that over the years it has become a standard, replacing other applications of the same style, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or VisiCalc. Therefore, any computer equipped with Windows must have a version of Excel installed or accessible in the cloud. Or if not Microsoft's solution, at least some alternative from other office packages such as Calc from LibreOffice or OpenOffice.
These are the main features you can start enjoying once you download Microsoft Excel for PC:
- Microsoft Office native spreadsheet editor.
- Create custom spreadsheets or import data from databases or other documents.
- Inserts tables with numeric and alphanumeric values and applies formulas and mathematical equations to treat those data.
- Filter table values according to different criteria and sort them in a customized way.
- Generate charts of all types to represent cell values: column charts, bar charts, scatter charts, area charts, line charts, pie charts, etc.
- Program macros to automate tasks that you perform repeatedly.
- Work collaboratively with several users editing the same file at the same time.
- Access all your spreadsheets from any device thanks to its synchronization with OneDrive.
- Compatible with a multitude of formats including .xls, .xml, and .csv.
What does the Excel 365 version have that previous editions did not have?
This version of Excel 365 replaces the edition that was included in the Office 2019 package. With respect to this version, we can list the following new features:
- New linked data types are added: the new linked data types show data on hundreds of topics to help the user achieve their goals in Excel.
- Includes a new Accessibility ribbon where to find all the necessary tools to create accessible content.
- Conditional formatting dialog boxes are improved.
- You can create a custom data type in Power Query that allows you to load multiple related parts in a column.
- Multiple spreadsheets can be displayed at the same time.
- The user can create variables for use in formulas.
- An Excel file can be sorted and filtered while collaborating with others using Sheet View. This prevents sorting and filtering performed by other users from being affected.
- You can have a conversation directly in the spreadsheet using the integrated reply box and alert colleagues using @mentions.
What's new in the latest version
- Microsoft has not announced the changes included in this release.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Windows 7.
A Telecommunications Engineer, chance led me to the translation industry, where after a few years, I discovered another side of the world of technology while translating what others were writing about mobile applications and software. That...