Office version that makes the most of the cloud and subscriptions
If we try to think about an office suite, the name of Microsoft Office obviously springs to mind. That's not at all surprising; at the end of the day it's a reference for this kind of software and has led the way for other free alternatives like OpenOffice and LibreOffice. Some time ago we would have thought about purchasing it in a traditional manner like we'd have done with the rest of programs for our PC: buying it straight from a store or ordering it in physical format by post, unless it was preinstalled on the computer we had bought. However, the increasingly fast Internet connections and the development of cloud technology encouraged the appearance of online software purchases, where you pay to download files and that, depending on each case, provide you with online maintenance and support services. And the possibility to download Office 365 for PC also follows this philosophy.
The best way to always have Microsoft Office up to date.
What applications come with Office version 365?
These are the tools that we can find in this suite, depending on the type of subscription chosen. Each one of them offers a series of apps, ranging from the basic configuration to the complete pack.
- Word: open, edit and create text documents with a professional finish, making the most of collaborative functions that allow you to connect with your project colleagues, sharing you work with them.
- Excel: the spreadsheet app that allows you to handle, organize and format all your numerical or text data.
- PowerPoint: the best tool to create presentations to show your work or ideas.
- Outlook: it's the email client that integrates organization functions and that complements your office work.
- OneNote: the app to take notes compatible with Evernote and where you can organize all your task lists or ideas that spring to mind before you forget them.
- Access: organize your information in databases to make it more recoverable and accessible.
- Publisher: it's the tool that allows us to give format to our publications.
What are its main features?
The nature of this version of the office suite provides it with a series of features that differentiate it from the rest of version, being the following the most noteworthy once we download Office 365 for PC:
- 1 TB of storage on OneDrive that allows you to switch devices without having to be continuously copying documents and files from one place to another.
- Possibility to share your subscription with up to 4 more users. In other words, it can be installed on up to 5 different computers.
- Proofread, edit and present documents from other devices such as Android, Mac or iPhone.
- Make the most of the collaborative functions available in the different applications.
- Have your applications always up to date whilst your subscription remains in force in order to get hold of the latest features implemented by Microsoft.
- Technical support.
Which Microsoft Office is better? 2016 or 365?
That will depend on how you're going to use it, the time spent on each application, your needs, etc. The classic version of this suite (2013, 2016, etc.) is a static tool that will finally be outdated by a subsequent version. It's great if you think you can make the most of it for quite a few years and you can get around with its functions. On the other hand, 365 offers you the possibility to always be up to date with the program's latest functions as well as allowing you to decide how much time you want to use it or if you want to install it on more computers to be able to work in different locations.
How much does the subscription cost?
There are several types of plans and depending on which one you choose, you'll have to pay one price or another. These are the versions available:
- Home: annual payment of 99€ or monthly installment of 10€.
- Personal: 69€ per year or 7€ per month.
- Students: students and teachers can use the app's free version. They only need to provide a valid email address of an educational institution.
Requirements and additional information:
- This is a trial version with 1 month for free.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...