Catch that Raichu you can't get hold of
If you've been playing Pokémon GO ever since Niantic launched the game at the beginning of July of 2016 and you're still walking several miles every day trying to find a Pikachu or Charizard that you haven't caught yet, it's about time you got some help.
Pokémon GO radars or maps, like this Poke Radar for Android, are collaborative maps fed by the players of the game. They show you all nearby Pokémons and the time remaining until they disappear.
You can even find a Charmander riding a horse.
There are loads of applications of this nature but, as they're not approved by Niantic, they end up disappearing from official stores like Google Play. And this is yet another example. Although the APK of Poke Radar runs smoothly and using it can't get you banned from the game because it doesn't access Niantic's servers to receive information, you can only download this application from alternative platforms like Malavida.
Features of this Pokémon GO radar
- Collaborative map created by Pokémon GO players.
- Allows you to filter the Pokémons shown so that you only see what you haven't caught yet.
- Search for specific Pokémons.
- Add the Pokémons you've found while out hunting.
- Niantic can't ban you from the game because it doesn't use their servers.
Despite not being as reliable as the first applications that connected to Google Maps and Niantic's server because any information provided could well be fake, collaborative radars and maps are the best options at present to complete your Pokédex without feeling knackered after a long day out.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.0.3.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
Hi, I’m Lauriane Guilloux. I grew up surrounded by gadgets and technology and everyone who knows me assumes that it will always be one of my greatest interests. I’ve evolved hand-in-hand with PCs, laptops, video gaming consoles, smartphones,...