The year 2016 will definitely be remembered because of the launch of one of the most successful mobile video games ever. We're obviously talking about Pokémon GO that is the real rage all over the World.
A great hit on both iPhone and Android.
It's impossible that you still don't know what it's all about: it makes use of augmented reality so that you can view Pokémons in the real world through your smartphone to be able to trap them and add them to your Pokédex, which is the name given to the collection of these creatures. Whenever there's one nearby, your phone will start to vibrate, but it could be anything: from a Charmander to a Blastoise, a Snorlax or a Pikachu...
How to catch a Pokémon?
Once your phone starts going mental, just point your camera towards the Pokémon. Focus well and throw the Pokéball to be able to catch it. There's a color code that indicates the probability of trapping it... just in case you don't want to waste your ball.
In any case, it comes along with a wide range of users and a highly active community that knows all the cheats, tips and tricks, drawing up guides to help you catch them all. In fact, there are both online and mobile maps so that you can see where they are located, as well as a wearable: Pokémon GO Plus, that allows you to catch them even without your phone.
- Works using real maps based on Google Maps, therefore their location matches the real world.
- Integrates PokéStops which are singular locations that allow you to visit monuments, historical sites or museums, among many other places.
- Train and make your Pokémons evolve in gyms.
- Build teams of players.
- A virtual store where to purchase objects with the game's coins.
- Earn different rewards.
- Increase your level and acquire experience as you manage to catch these creatures.
- Exclusive and legendary creatures.
Which ones are the most exclusive and difficult Pokémons?
Well, there are quite a few because some of them can only be found in certain regions of the planet: Tauros in North America, Mr. Mime in Europe, Farfetch’d in Asia or Kangaskhan in Australia.
In turn, some haven't been unlocked yet. That's the case of Articuno, Ditto, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, and Mewtwo.
Cheats to catch Pokémons? Beware, you can get banned
There are different applications, such as the maps we talked about earlier, that connect to the application to see where they're located. In any case, that's like completing a graphic adventure with the help of a tutorial... Well, if you're playing this game you might not even know what a graphic adventure even is.
On the other hand, there are also applications that help you spoof your GPS location so you can pretend to be wherever you want to be and catch the Pokémons in that region. But the truth is that if Niantic detects a strange behavior you'll get kicked out of the game.
What's new in the latest version
- You can now use your Apple ID to log into Pokémon GO.
- Pokémon Trainers can contribute towards creating 3D maps of their favorite Pokéstops and Gyms