Why do you need knives, swords, katanas, and guns to defeat zombies when you kill them off with some old plants? The main characters of The Walking Dead, such as Rick, Michonne or Maggie, have a lot to learn from the saga Plants vs. Zombies that's back on iPhone and iPad with the second installment of this action and strategy game.
Gardening and the zombie genre come together in this game.
In the tower defense game Plants vs. Zombies 2, you'll have to use all your wit and the resources available to face up against the hordes of undead that, as always, want to have a feast on your brain. To avoid this situation you'll have to use all the plants and vegetables available, bringing out all your botanical knowledge.
Look after your garden to stop the zombie invasion
Each plant has its own unique features that allow us to defend ourselves and attack differently, depending on our needs. Thus, we'll have plants as strange and crazy as lava guavas, fire peashooters, pepper-pults, bonk choy, laser beans, peanuts, and prickly homing thistles, that we'll have to take care of and provide with nutrients to make sure they grow strong to be able to kill the zombies with them.
Overcome the different levels of full of walking dead and face Dr. Zombi at the end of each world, a final boss with plenty of resources and crazy inventions that will do whatever it takes to defeat you. And in between, you can take part in different minigames and get hold of new sprouts and buds for your zen garden.
Differences compared to the first game
Although you may think, due to what we've said up to now, that this game is more of the same old gameplay, in this sequel to the original game and predecessor to the spin-offs of Garden Warfare, Garden Warfare 2 and Heroes, we can find quite a few differences compared to the first title in the franchise developed by PopCap Games that will definitely keep all the players entertained:
- This time around, we'll take on the role of the neighbor of the original game's main character. Yep, that crazy old guy that wanted to defend his garden with plants.
- The game doesn't take place in our neighbor's front garden, but in different worlds based on different historical periods such as Ancient Egypt, the Jurassic Age or the Wild West. There are 11 worlds as well as the main character's home.
- The player is transported to each world by means of a time machine and in fact, the whole game is about time travel. You won't be surprised to know that it's official name is Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time.
- New crazy plants to fight against even madder zombies. There are over 100 varieties of vegetables.
- The most important difference: the game is totally free (although it does include a few in-app purchases), unlike the first installment.
- The game has been developed exclusively for mobile devices, so there's no point of searching for versions for PS4 or Windows PC.
Now that you know, and awaiting the release of the much-awaited Plants vs. Zombies 3, make the most of the new installment of this strategy game that combines tower defense, undead, botany and plenty of humor. You'll have a great time, and even more, if you don't resort to cheats or hacks to complete the game even faster.
What's new in this version?
- Strengths and weaknesses to make certain families more or less efficient against zombie families.
- New zombie counterattacks.
- Battlez practice mission.