Despite the fact that Clash of Clans was released in 2012 it doesn't seem to be losing any fans. Years later, it's still one of the most profitable games in the world thanks to the income generated by means of in-app purchases.
Knowing that, Supercell is still making the most of its cash cow and not only does it update on a regular basis its real-time strategy game that's such a hit on smartphones and tablets all over the world, but it has also developed titles of the likes of Clash Royale. We could call it a spin-off of CoC based on genres such as tower defense strategy and collectible cards. The result is a real-time strategy game that, without reaching the level of its parent title, has a huge legion of players and fans.
RTS set in the world of Clash of Clans
The skills of your soldiers and how you use them will depend on the cards available: archers, giants, elite barbarians, knights, bombers, dragons... there's a wide range of soldier cards as well as epic chests that can affect both the cards you may receive and the power-ups and rewards to be unlocked. All the latter, set in a multiplayer online context that's one of the reasons behind CoC's success.
Learn how to move around in a game in which luck plays an important role.
These are some of its main features:
- Challenge players from all over the world in real-time matches and win their trophies.
- Unlock rewards with chests and get hold of new cards that improve those you've already got.
- Destroy the towers of your rival to earn crowns and chests.
- Gather and improve CR cards such as troops, spells, and defenses.
- Improve your skills on different combat arenas.
- Build clans to share your cards and create your own community of warriors by customizing your deck.
- Challenge your allies and friends in private duels.
- Learn new strategies thanks to TV Royale, where you can see combat replays.
How about hacking Clash Royale?
If you've got friends that play CR on Android, you know that they can download mods and hack APKs of dubious nature with which they can muck around with the version of their game. They can also make use of chest simulators to know which one to expect and with which contents... and you also can download these simulation apps: they offer tiny aids in the game without needing to jailbreak your phone. Will you manage to get hold of a legendary card doing so?
However, if you like living your life to the limit, you definitely need to jailbreak your device and download an app of the likes SB Game Hacker through Cydia. With the latter, you'll be able to modify the values of many games, including Clash Royale.
By the way, if you want to play this game on your PC or Mac, the only option at present is downloading the Android version. In other words, you have to get hold of the APK and run it using an emulator such as BlueStacks or Nox App Player.
What's new in the latest version?
- Correction of several minor errors and bugs.