The popular game from the Pokémon saga for Game Boy Advanced
The Pokémon saga has always been as popular as Mario Bros. or Zelda on Nintendo's video game consoles, although obviously not as cool as the Italian plumber. There have been dozens of versions for different consoles that are real hits amongst the fans of these games, such Pokémon Red that appeared back in 1996. Well, Pokémon Fire Red, the remake of the latter that was released in 2004 for Game Boy Advance, is now available for Android.
Set within the universe of these creatures, the game introduces us to the classic role-playing game format of the old NES, controlled from a top-down point of view. Our main character will have to explore the region of Kanto to master all Pokémon battles. Our goal is to become the champion and for such purpose, we'll have to defeat the best trainers without forgetting to complete our Pokédex, the game's encyclopedia with all 151 species available (Pikachu, Snorlax, Charmander...).
How to play Pokémon Fire Red on Android
But isn't this the official Pokémon Fire Red game for Android? Can I download its APK and install it on my phone? Not exactly: we're offering you a Game Boy Advance emulator and the ROM with a .gba extension. So let's explain to you how to play PFR on your smartphone:
- Step 1: click on the Download button and download the ZIP file that you'll have to unzip.
- Step 2: install the My Boy! GBA emulator that you'll find in APK format.
- Step 3: load the ROM that's also in the same folder.
- Step 4: you can start playing the game and control it with the on-screen gamepad.
In other words, there's no such thing as an official version for this Pokémon game but it's good enough, isn't it?
Requirements and additional information:
- Requires the installation of the emulator and the ROM you'll find in the zipped file.
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.0.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...