We've finally got some good news for users that are paranoid about security and privacy. ProtonMail, the ultra-secure email service developed by the CERN, whose servers are located in Switzerland, far away from the NSA's tentacles, has appeared on Android as a stable application.
A Gmail alternative to prevent your emails from being spied on.
It's a fully functional email client with all the typical options of this kind of programs (write, send, receive and organize emails, receive notifications, attach files, etc.), but that adds an extra security layer to our communications by means of end-to-end PGP encryption.
Everything you can find in ProtonMail for Android
- Free open-source email service created by the CERN.
- Send emails safely without being intercepted by third parties.
- All emails are stored with encryption, so not even the service itself can read them.
- End-to-end encryption compatible with OpenPGP.
- Create a new protonmail.com email account with the automatic generation of PGP keys.
- Organize emails by means of gestures and tags.
- Option to schedule the self-destruction of emails you've sent.