Step Counter is an Android application that, as its name suggests, will serve as a pedometer. And all with just your phone, without the need for a fitness bracelet or any other wearable: put your phone in your pocket and let it record your steps with the movement.
Step counter with motion sensor
The application uses the phone's built-in motion sensor and does not use GPS, so it does not consume much battery power and does not share sensitive data, such as location, with anyone. With the mobile in your pocket you can quantify data such as steps, calories consumed and distance travelled, like in any other fitness and physical shape app.
These are the main features that the app offers
- Privacy guaranteed, no login required at any time.
- All features are unlocked.
- Start the counter, stop it, or reset it at any time to save battery power.
- Enter data such as weight or height for a more accurate calculation of calories consumed.
- View detailed reports of your performance at specific time intervals.
- Customise the app with different themes.
- Adjust the sensitivity of the pedometer to count data more accurately.
But don't expect the accuracy of other devices designed specifically for this purpose, such as a wrist strap or even a smartwatch. Also, on some older devices, steps may stop counting when the display is locked. But hey, it's free - what more do you want?