Garmin is a company that offers us technology related to GPS navigation. Some time ago, they also introduced a range of wearable products to practice sports. Garmin Connect is the app that connects these devices and offers us real-time information about our workouts, counting our steps, distance covered, and other interesting data for the practice of sport or the improvement of our daily health.
The app to connect your smartphone to your Garmin device
As you can imagine, the app has to be synced to a compatible Garmin device and offers us the possibility to create training sessions, draw up routes, and even challenge our friends to competitions, comparing our personal bests.
These are the main functions of this application:
- Check in-detail health data regarding a specific date on the personal My Day page where all our physical performance is measured.
- Analysis of the activities carried out and their associated stats.
- Prepare customized routes and training sessions.
- Possibility to sync to other applications such as MyFitnessPal or Strava.
- Register personal stats such as our pace, distance, and number of steps.
- Reward system for all our achievements.
- Control other Connect users by means of the Insights system.
- Assistance regarding other Garmin devices and their functions.
Garmin's app is one of the most complete tools to keep a registry of all our physical activity.