For any fan of fighting games, titles of the likes of Street Fighter, Fatal Fury or Mortal Kombat have to be worshiped. There are more or less unfortunate adaptations of these and many other video games that have made their way to classic video consoles such as NES, Super Nintendo, and Mega Drive, to PCs, Amiga, and Commodore, and of course, to arcade machines.
And when a remake of this nature lands on Android or iPhone, all nostalgic gamers have a reason to celebrate. Here's an example of what we’re talking about: The King of Fighters 97, the game developed by SNK that was the fourth installment of The King of Fighters series, the 2D fighting game that was initially released back then for Neo-Geo, PlayStation, and Sega Saturn.
KOF 97 for Android: don’t hesitate to download its APK
Thanks to this adaptation, we’ll be able to play with over 30 of the most iconic characters of the original game: Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami, Orochi, Terry Bogard… because you can even control the New Face Team y KOF’97 teams as the hidden characters of the Neo-Geo version are available in this title.
Anyhow, this game doesn’t need too many introductions: it’s a very decent title about hitting and kicking everything anything that moves, a traditional 2D game that shows you your energy bar that predicts when you’re going to die.
An excellent fighting game that’s up to the best titles in this genre.
Ready to kick the hell out of your enemies and do all sorts of combos? These are the main features and functions that you’ll find in this great fighting title:
- The 35 fighters of the original game are ready to be chosen.
- Retro graphics for nostalgic users.
- Different punch and kick combinations for your combos.
- Two game modes: Extra and Advanced.
- Plot that’s faithful to the original story.
- Controls with 4 or 6 buttons.
- Offline multiplayer mode: play by Bluetooth.
The two game modes available offer us different features and you should choose one or the other depending on which one suits your gameplay the best:
- On the one hand, we’ll find the Advanced mode in which you’ll have access to different kinds of jumps to put the pressure on your rivals. Furthermore, you can make use of power gauges depending on the rivals you come across.
- On the other hand, the Extra Mode offers us Desperation Moves, special attacks that can be launched when our energy levels are at their minimum.
All in all, if you haven’t got MAME or the ROM of this game to play games in the PC version, you can now download this app for free. It definitely won’t disappoint you.