If you've been following technological news as of lately, you'll have realized that privacy is an issue that concerns many users, especially since many large companies and hackers have decided to treat us as products. Due to the latter, certain tools that guarantee the user's anonymity have managed to gain popularity, as is the case of Tor Browser.
The official Tor Browser for Android
Tor Browser finally has its own app for smartphones and tablets. Some years ago, Orfox also developed by The Tor Project appeared on the market, but now we can make use of an official version that recreates on our mobile devices the browser that we could already use on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
This browser allows us to access web pages masking our IP so that we generate a fake identity when it comes to accessing a server and leaving our trace. It also offers us the possibility to connect to the Tor network under the following features and functions:
- Sandboxing of websites we visit to prevent trackers from tracking our browsing habits. Cookies are deleted as soon as we finish our session.
- Hide our browsing history so that nobody can know what sites we've visited.
- Anti-fingerprinting protection to prevent our device's information from being intercepted.
- Multi-layer encryption to hide our traffic.
- Access to websites blocked by our carrier.
For the time being, the only drawback is that it's an alpha version which is still under development and that requires the installation of Orbot, the proxy app to connect to the Tor network. We expect the release of the stable version of this browser to correct this reliance.