Microsoft's multimedia player
There are thousands of multimedia players in the world of software that you can use, but if you're a user of the Windows platform and you don't require extraordinary features you can always use the player included by default in the operating system, such as Windows Media Player 10.
Enjoy your music and videos with Windows Media Player 10.
WMP 10 is a multimedia player suitable for all kinds of situations. Its hardware requirements are minimal, turning the player into a good alternative to run on less powerful computers by simply adding a good codec pack that makes more or less all formats visible.
- Multimedia player.
- Support for the most widespread and used audio and video formats: WMA and WMV (the software's own formats), Audio CD, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, MP3, MPG or AVI among others.
- 3 different view modes: normal, full-screen and compact.
- Customize the aspect of the interface by means of different skins.
- Includes an equalizer and different effects to modify and improve the video and audio.
- Organize your files by means of the library.
- Synchronize your music with MP3 devices.
- Digitize the contents of your audio CDs.
- Includes a complete updated multimedia guide that's constantly updated with new music and cinema releases.
Expand the possibilities of WMP
Windows Media Player has codecs for the most popular formats, but you'll be able to increase this compatibility with third party codec packs, that will provide you with support for video playback in other formats that aren't accepted natively.
Looking for a reliable multimedia player? All you need to do is download Windows Media Player 10 for free.
Requirements and additional information:
- This multimedia player is compatible with Windows XP.
As a technology journalist with over 12 years of experience in the world of software and apps, I have had the opportunity to try all kinds of devices and operating systems over the years. I have done from software or mobile applications reviews...