The so-called IPTV protocol allows us to tune into television channels that are played over the Internet via streaming. There are loads of applications that resort to this system to offer us online TV for free, and that also goes for Wiseplay that turns out to be one of the best multimedia players for Android and iPhone, and which also incorporates a function to be able to add channel lists through a URL. And since it's one of the best programs of this kind, together with You TV Player, it's almost a must to find a version for Windows PCs.
TV channels, sports broadcasts, movies... you choose your programs
With this application installed on your computer and accessible from your desktop, you'll be able to watch both free and paid television channels, as well as movies, documentaries, TV series, sports events... by simply adding the URL of the corresponding list to increase the catalog of contents that you can watch.
As simple as adding a URL and choosing what you want to watch.
The following are the main features and functions of Wiseplay for PC:
- Add video liss in W3U an M3U format through links. The latter don't come along with the application so we'll have to search for them on different websites and Internet forums. You can access television channels or movie and series lists drawn up by other users.
- Play local videos. It's compatible with different formats such as AAC, AVI, ASF, DIVX, FLV, H264, HECV, M3U8, MKV, MOV, AVI, as well as audio formats of the likes of MP3 and OGG.
- You can cast content by sending them to a television set by means of devices of the likes of Google Chromecast or DLNA.
- Function to play videos in a 3D or virtual reality format.
However, Wiseplay hasn't been developed as a native Windows application, therefore, if you find an EXE or MSI file on any website don't trust this kind of installer because it's probably a fake full of malware. The best option to be able to make the most of this software to watch TV for free by streaming is the alternative that we offer you here at Malavida.
We recommend you download the file we've put together containing the BlueStacks Android emulator and the application's APK file. You simply have to install the emulator and load the APK by dragging and dropping the installation file on the main interface of the program.
What's new in the latest version
- No changelog has been published for this new version of the app.