Multimedia players of the likes of VLC Media Player or KMPlayer expand the features of the already efficient native iOS media player present on iPhone and iPad. But if people still download them that's because they come along with functions that are lacking on the default player.
Features that we can also find in Wiseplay, that can be downloaded for both iPhone and Android. It's a multimedia player basically focused on video formats (although it also plays audio), stored locally as well as online.
A player for video lists
The main virtue of this multimedia player can be found in its capacity to connect to online lists through their URL. This is the format used by other apps to watch free online TV on the Internet (movies, series, free football...), which may not be legal in some cases (the developers say it's up to you to decide where you use it.)
In any case, with the latter, you can enjoy almost any content downloaded to your smartphone or video playlists you come across on the Internet, such as a YouTube video channel for instance.
A video list player: just copy and paste its URL.
- Compatible with the main video formats: AAC, AVI, ASF, FLV, DIVX, H264, HEVC, MKV, MOV, MP3, MP4, MPG, OGG…
- Compatible with the HTTP, HTTPS, MMS, RTMP, and RTSP protocols.
- Load video lists in W3U and M3U format from a file, scanning a QR code or through links.
- Send contents to a Smart TV by means of the DLNA protocol or Chromecast.
- Compatible with Android TV receivers.
- Support for videos is 3D or VR format.
The only drawback is that there's no Wiseplay version for PC or Mac, although there's always a solution to that problem. Just download the corresponding Android APK file and run the app on any computer using an emulator of the likes of BlueStacks or Nox App Player. That's the best way to make the most of all its features from your desktop.