Yo-kai Watch is a series of role-playing video games that comes along with two adaptations to manga comics. Distributed by Nintendo for its portable video console Nintendo 3DS, its first version was released in July of 2013.
The puzzle game inspired by Yo-kai Watch
Nevertheless, this spin-off for Android and iPhone isn't exactly about those RPGs but the match 3 puzzle genre. In YO-KAI WATCH Wibble Wobble we'll have to solve the boards by matching different characters from the original game, and in a similar way to Candy Crush Saga and company, make them disappear from the panel.
The thing is that the gameplay isn't exactly the same: you have to tap the tiny Yo-kai Wib Wobs to make them grow until they explode, causing as much damage as possible to your rivals. Furthermore, the board isn't the typical old 2D static panel but looks more like a bubble that contains each one of these characters.
A fun pastime that goes a step beyond the classic match 3 games.
- Swipe your finger across the screen to match identical Wib Wobs to make them grow and explode. The larger they become, the greater damage they'll produce.
- Become friends with enemy Yo-kais and add them to your collection (there are over 200).
- Possibility to use Animaximum attacks to weaken your rival.
- Earn rewards by completing missions and taking part in special events.
- Explore the world of Yo-kai Watch.
And although it's true that it's a puzzle game inspired by the role-playing saga, we can still find certain elements and items that remind us of the original game. So now that you know, you can download the APK for Android from Google Play, although there's also a version for iOS devices.