Nowadays it is very common to find games with great graphics and spectacular settings, but surprisingly enough there are still some retro style games that manage to make themselves heard between these big titles due to their playability and action, like Waves.
Retro image and idea without being so
Waves takes the basic idea from the first shooters on the market and places the player in control of a small round ship that has to fight against hordes of enemies that attack it.
It has five different game modes, each one of which has a small variant:
- Crush Time. Three minute combats that consist on scoring as many points as possible before the time runs out.
- Rush. Where you will have to eliminate enemies to expand the time available.
- Survival. Three lives to try to reach as far as possible.
- Bombing Run. It will only be possible to eliminate enemies using bombs, there will be no shooting weapons.
- Challenge. 20 difficulty levels, only 30 seconds to pass each level.
The Waves graphics stand out due to how colorful and fluid they are, offering spectacular optical effects each time an enemy ship is eliminated.
If you are looking for an action game with which you will be able to have a good time, Waves is the ideal option.