Create a social network on your WordPress blog
When you start writing your own blog, you have your eye on capturing readers and, who knows, maybe creating a small Internet user community. However, platforms like WordPress don't allow users to carry out many more actions other than leaving comments on the entries, there is hardly any interaction between users. You can fix this problem with BuddyPress.
Social network in a box.
Your own social network in WordPress
BuddyPress is a set of tools and plug-ins for BuddyPress MU with which you can create your own social network, so that your readers can register and engage just like on any social network. BuddyPress offers you instant messaging, allows you to send messages, create profiles and groups...
Components of BuddyPress
- Profile extension: customized profiles with many data about each user.
- Messaging: encourages communications by means of the TinyMCE editor. Allows instant messaging and incorporates a message client with inbox and sent messages and draft folder.
- Friend request: make friends with other members of the community.
- Discussion forums and groups: bring together groups of users with similar interests to discuss specific issues.
Enhance the possibilities of your WordPress blog by creating a social network that revolves around it. You only have to download BuddyPress for free.
Requirements and additional information:
- Requires WordPress Multisite.
- Requires a ZIP compatible compressor.
As a technology journalist with over 12 years of experience in the world of software and apps, I have had the opportunity to try all kinds of devices and operating systems over the years. I have done from software or mobile applications reviews...