FTP is the protocol used by many servers to transfer files between its storage space and any user that connects to the machine. If you're looking for a Mac client you might be interested in CrossFTP due to its simplicity and easiness of use.
There's life beyond FileZilla.
Developed in Java, this client offers you all sorts of functions so that you can comfortably transfer files with the possibility to open multiple windows for simultaneous transfers. Its free version can perfectly compete with other clients, becoming a great alternative.
- Compress and extract files, as well as being able to browse through them.
- Possibility to establish multiple connections through different windows.
- Protection by means of an encrypted password.
- Support for Unicode, International and CJK coding systems.
- Carry out quick searches on long lists.
- System to search within websites with just one click.
- Carry out batch file transfers.
- Preview images and apply zoom to seem closer.
- Audio notifications.
- List of Favorites and history information.
These are the main features of the free version, but you should know that there are two superior paid versions: PRO and Enterprise. Apart from non-stop technical support, they also offer other functions such as the possibility to schedule transfers or limit the bandwidth used.