Cydia Impactor is a tool for Windows (also available for Mac and Linux) developed by Saurik, also known as Jay Freeman, famous in the world of technology for having created the Cydia app installer for iOS. Thanks to Impactor, we can manually install on our iOS devices with jailbreak any app without having to use the official iTunes App Store.
To be able to use Cydia Impactor, we have to download the installation files for the apps in question in IPA format from the Internet. Basically, the iOS equivalent of an Android APK. However, unlike on Google mobile operating system, to install apps on iOS we need to do more things than simply copying and pasting the file. For such purpose, we have to use this tool that works like a boot manager.
How to install IPA files on iPhone with Cydia?
To make this program work, we have to follow these steps:
- Step 1: download the Windows file with our green Download button and unzip it.
- Step 2: connect your iOS device to your PC, open the program, and wait for it to recognize your iPhone or iPad.
- Step 3: drag the IPA file to the program's interface.
- Step 4: the program will ask the user for his Apple ID and the password to add the signature to the IP file (this process requires an Internet connection).
- Step 5: wait for the installation to end. If you get a Complete message, that means that the IPA app has been installed on your iOS device.
- Step 6: once you open the application, you'll be shown an Unauthorized developer message. To approve, go to Settings > General > Profile Management and select Trust.