Next to EA Sports' FIFA, the most anticipated soccer game every season is Konami's PES. Pro Evolution Soccer has been considered by many for many years as the best simulator of the beautiful game. And we say it has been because the franchise has been renamed and now becomes eFootball. And specifically for the 21-22 season, it is going to be eFootball 2022.
PES 22 becomes eFootball 2022
To compete with FIFA 22, Konami has introduced a series of changes in its franchise that mainly affect two aspects: graphics and gameplay. Regarding the first of them, they have opted to change the Fox Engine graphic engine for Unreal Engine, which has provided a greater fluidity in the action and level of detail of the different elements that intervene in the game, such as soccer players or scenarios. The gameplay has also been optimized, so that it has been prioritized even more to provide a game experience based on action.
But apart from the game itself, eFootball offers a free to play game mode. That is, it embraces the distribution system of other video games and you can download it for free through Steam and enjoy many of its features (you simply have to download and install the platform client to start the download), although there will be some of the content that will only be available through internal transactions and content that will require payment. We also find that it is the first version of the PES saga to support cross-play with other platforms such as PlayStation, Xbox, Android, iOS and PC.
By way of summary, these are the main features found in eFootball:
- Unreal Engine graphics engine is opted for
- .Free to play game with content only accessible through internal payments (the basic version only supports friendly matches).
- Cross-platform game.
- Improvements in graphics and gameplay.
- Upcoming versions will become seasonal updates, without the release of a new game.
- Create your dream team with players and managers.
- Have fun in weekly tournaments inspired by real-world matches.
- Several game modes available.