The FIFA vs PES rivalry in the world of video games is equivalent to a Barcelona vs Real Madrid, Celtic vs Ranger, Manchester United vs Liverpool, Juventus vs Inter, or Boca vs River in the world of football. Every new season we attend the competition between EA Sports and Konami to see who manages to produce the best football game of the year. And in 2018, the crown could well go to Konami since its Pro Evolution Soccer has included important improvements and updates that have taken it all the way to the top.
That's mainly because PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer is back with a few essential changes. On the one hand, the graphics improve the natural moves of the players providing the game with greater realism. On the other, the controls are new more simple and intuitive, allowing the user to feel fully immersed in the gameplay.
Updates to try to turn PES 2018 into the best football game
But these aren't the only new features released with PES. It also comes along with the following updates that are here to improve what we already saw in previous versions such as PES 2016 and PES 2017:
- New Friend function to play matches online against your mates regardless of your physical location.
- Play in the Legend mode and bring back old footballing glories of the likes of David Beckham, who's also the game's corporative image.
- Improved player moves, with more natural passes and tactics.
- Simplified controls being able to choose between an advanced configuration to complete more accurate passes and shots, and a classic configuration, with which you play with the traditional D-pad controls.
- Create your own Winning Eleven team. Choose your favorite club and by means of your scouts, representatives, and player auctions, you can choose the best players to be part of your squad.
- Play in the official Champions League competition with all the licenses. Unlike previous editions, this year PES comes along with more licenses than ever (over 5,000) which definitely closes the gap on FIFA.
- Modify your offensive and defensive tactics throughout the game.
The majority of opinions think that Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 will be be the best football game for the 2017-2018 season.
And the best thing about this title is its price because you can download it for free, unlike its version for PS3, PS4 or PC, where you have to pay to be able to get hold of the full version. Here you'll be able to download it to your iPhone or iPad, only having to pay for those elements you wish to purchase from the store.
What's new in the latest version?
- Fixes the problem that prevented the game from running on iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.