One more year, and it's been 25 years, Konami launches a new Pro Evolution Soccer version to compete with EA Sports' FIFA. However, given this year's exceptional health situation, which is impacting this sport so much, and the efforts made by the studio to prepare for the arrival of new generations of consoles, Konami has decided to launch an update on the previous eFootball PES 2020 instead of releasing an entirely new game.
This update includes all the player's new data and club lineups for the whole year (except for Inter Milan and AC Milan for which it has lost its license). It also adds a new UEFA EURO 2020 mode ahead of the actual 2021 tournament where PES 21 players will be able to simulate the game at Wembley and includes all 55 UEFA national teams.
PES 2021 eFootball's main features
Like its predecessor, this update of the best soccer game of the year includes the best options, which can be summarized in three main points:
- Playability: the game counts on the invaluable help of Andrés Iniesta in developing and tuning the players' movements. This has resulted in much more realistic dribblings and one-touch passes. This realism also shows in the possibility of taking advantage of your opponents' minimum carelessness for your own benefit.
- Master League: this allows you to become the absolute manager and take the progression through a new interactive dialogs system, integrating real market data to make the game even more realistic.
- Competitive Modes: Konami has placed particular emphasis on the competitive modes of the PE. On the one hand, there is the Matchday mode where players from around the world join forces to contribute towards their team's victory, adding points for each positive action. On the other, there are eFootball tournaments where the best players on the planet participate.
eFootball PES 2021 Editions
On this occasion, Konami has decided to expand the number of available editions to suit players' interests even more. Yes, PES 2021 - Pro Evolution Soccer includes a standard version (available in a physical version), and other several options to choose from available in digital-only:
- Standard edition: featuring Lionel Messi on the cover and at 29.99 €. This option includes 3 contract tickets for 10 weeks and a Premium representative (who can sign players from various clubs) for 10 weeks.
- Different club editions: if you are a fan of Arsenal, FC Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, or Manchester United, you can choose (only in the digital version) an edition of the game with exclusive content specific to your favorite club. This content, available for the first time in a PES, includes, among other advantages, a player from the series, the complete lineup, a theme for the menus, and the digital uniform. The price of these versions is 34.99 €.
There are also special rewards and achievements to reward veteran players who have played the ePES 2020 myClub.
Now that you know all the details, don't hesitate to buy this update by Steam. Compare the advantages of what is possibly the most realistic soccer game in the world with the features of FIFA 21 when it is officially launched at the end of September.