The long-lasting FIFA saga created by the sports division of Electronic Arts, EA Sports, is still very popular. And it's easy to understand by just taking a look at FIFA 19, the latest installment of the football simulator par excellence that has been updated for the 2018-2019 soccer season with improvements that affect its graphics and playability, and obviously all the squads and rosters that are included in its database.
FIFA doesn't require any kind of presentation. It's the most popular soccer video game in the world, together with PES, as it has millions of players all over the planet. The main reason is that it offers us a simulator gaming experience that can hardly be equalled by any other game, high-quality graphics that get even better year after year, the appeal of being able to play with all the official squads of the teams in its database (a huge advantage regarding its main rival, Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer) or the most important official national and international competitions (Champions League, Spanish LaLiga, English Premier League, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga, French Ligue 1, UEFA Europa League...).
What's new in FIFA 19
We already know all about the historical assets of EA Sports' soccer game. But, what's so special about this version for the 2018-2019 season? What has been improved? Let's go into details:
- Players' real movements have been improved: it improves the technology by means of which user can simulate with his movements the personality of real-life players. The latter can found in actions such as physical charges, tactical defenses, balance in the case of impact...
- Split balls: now when fighting for a split ball, the player's features and skills to control a ball will be of utmost importance.
- Active touch system: the game has changed how we receive and touch the ball, providing us closer controls, greater fluidity, and more creativity when it comes to moving the ball around. One-touch receptions, receive and sidestep, control and volley, dribble... In fact, you'll come across the specific skills of some of the most talented players in the world such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar or Mbappé, with their very own trademark moves.
- Dynamic Tactics: as happens in real-life soccer, depending on the tactical approach applied to the play, your team will adapt to a defensive or offensive football style, adapting to all situations that may take place during a match in real time.
- Definition: shots, headers, strikes... the way each player defines has been debugged to make such a moment of the match in front of the opposing goal as decisive as it should be.
- Quick match: this popular feature has been overhauled with new modes and the possibility to register stats, amongst other functions, to make it more attractive to compete with friends.
All these new features have been added to those incorporated gradually to the saga over the last few years, such as FIFA Ultimate Team or The Journey mode. In this progression mode, we'll be able to reach stardom with Alex Hunter, Danny Williams, and Kim Hunter and their interweaving stories, switching between characters whenever we want to live a different experience. And we'll obviously be able to play with the best football players in the world of the likes of Kevin De Bruyne, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar Jr., Messi, Mbappé, Paulo Dybala, Paul Pogba... amongst many others.
The final release date for this game has been set for September 28th 2018. And apart from being available for PC, it will also be launched on other platforms such as Xbox One or PS4, reaching almost the entire football gaming universe.
Versions and price of FIFA 19
The game comes along with three different versions with different prices:
- FIFA 2019 Standard Edition:€59.95.
- FIFA 2019 Champions Edition: €79.95.
- FIFA 2019 Ultimate Edition: €89.95.
Get hold of the demo for free right now and discover all the new features and players of teams of the likes of Manchester City, Roma, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern, Atlético de Madrid, Juventus, and Tottenham.