The long-lasting FIFA saga created by the sports division of Electronic Arts, EA Sports, is still very popular. And it's easy to understand by just taking a look at FIFA 20, the latest installment of the football simulator par excellence that has been updated for the 2019-2020 soccer season with improvements that affect its graphics and playability, and obviously all the squads and rosters that are included in its database.
FIFA doesn't require any kind of presentation. It's the most popular soccer video game in the world, together with PES, as it has millions of players all over the planet. The main reason is that it offers us a simulator gaming experience that can hardly be equalled by any other game, high-quality graphics that get even better year after year, the appeal of being able to play with all the official squads of the teams in its database (a huge advantage regarding its main rival, Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer) or the most important official national and international competitions (Champions League, Spanish LaLiga, English Premier League, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga, French Ligue 1, UEFA Europa League...).
What's new in FIFA 20
We already know all about the historical assets of EA Sports' soccer game. But, what's so special about this version for the 2019-2020 season? What has been improved? Let's go into details:
- With the VOLTA Football mode, soccer goes back to the start with its purest essence: street soccer. Here you can play matches on the street since that's where many of the greatest stars started off before getting the chance to play on grass pitches. The game is adapted to this environment with new techniques, showboating, and animations, but also with new scenarios and settings that will take us all around the world. Here we can create and customize our players however we want (including their physical aspect and celebrations). It's a game mode that includes quick matches, history mode, leagues...
- The simulator's improvements can be split into three different aspects: on the ball (set-piece play has been updated as well as improving side stepping and the most technical finishes), off the ball (one on one has been improved, as well as the defense's artificial intelligence and the players' natural movements) and the ball itself (new shooting trajectories, a more natural movement, and new movement physics).
- Other aspects have also been improved such as dribbling, feeling during the matches, 50/50 tackles, high passes, the referee's position...
- Ultimate Team is still there so that we can build the team of our dreams. It shows us 88 iconic players including legends of the likes of Drogba, Essien, Garrincha, Zidane, Garrincha or Kenny Dalglish, amongst others. The season's goals have also been modified and expanded, including new customization options to give your club your own style.
- The Career Mode continues to evolve and comes along with changes that have been applied bearing in mind the opinion of the user community and that basically affect the manager. It now includes press conferences and chatting to the players. It also improves the player's spirit which can affect their stats and even the team's overall performance.
- The licenses continue to grow, now offering us over 30 leagues, 700 clubs, and 17.000 players, as well as official UEFA competitions such as the Champions League, Europa League, and Super Cup.
- The number of stadiums has been increased to 90.
The final release date for this game has been set between September 20th and 24th 2019. And apart from being available for PC, it will also be launched on other platforms such as Xbox One or PS4, reaching almost the entire football gaming universe.
Versions and price of the new FIFA 20
The game comes along with three different versions with different prices:
- FIFA 2020 Standard Edition:€59.95.
- FIFA 2020 Champions Edition: €79.95.
- FIFA 2020 Ultimate Edition: €14.99 per month or €99 per year (through Origin Access).
Get hold of the demo for free right now and discover all the new features and players of teams of the likes of Atlético de Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Club América, Los Angeles FC, Liverpool, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, Roma y Vissel Kobe. You'll also be able to try out the new VOLTA mode.