App to recover files deleted from your Android
On Windows or Mac, it's quite usual to find tools capable of recovering deleted files and guides explaining how to carry out this process easily. On Android and iPhone, things change slightly because it isn't so easy to find applications to recover data deleted from a smartphone or tablet. Luckily enough, we can get hold of a few of them including this GT Recovery.
A Recuva for Android
Until Piriform releases a version of its program for Android, just like it did back then with CCleaner, we can make use of GT Recovery. By installing this APK we can get hold of a tool capable of scanning our device and finding all the information that has been deleted by accident, mistake or an operating system malfunction.
Never lose anything important on your phone thanks to this diagnosis and recovery app.
How to recover files on Android?
To be able to get hold of everything lost on our phone we've got two different options:
- To recover them by file type: from the main screen of the application, we can choose which deletion we want to undo.
- To recover them in batches: there's a function by means of which the app scans the entire system and allows us to recover all marked files at the same time.
However, it's important that you know that you have to be a root user in some cases, which might be a drawback for certain users.
As you know, your phone can store all sorts of information in different formats. However, this application is very versatile and is capable of working on different system files (FAT, EXT3, and EXT4) and these files:
- WiFi passwords and networks.
- WhatsApp, Kik Messenger, and Facebook Messenger conversations.
- Call log.
- Zipped files.
- Installation files.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 2.2.
- Offers in-app purchases.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...