Task managers are tools that have been around for a long time but we used to call them organizers or notebooks. But now thanks to applications of the likes of Evernote, Astrid, Trello or Todoist, we can organize ourselves synchronizing all our devices, whether smartphones, tablets or computers.
Microsoft's task manager that will make you a better person
Microsoft has also developed its own GTD. We're talking about Microsoft To-Do, a simple and smart task manager that will help you to play your daily work keeping stress at bay.
This task manager, that syncs with its versions for Android and iPhone, offers the user the possibility to quickly add, organize, and schedule all pending tasks on the fly, even reminders, and due dates to make sure you never forget anything.
A tool to improve our productivity that's much more usable and friendly than Outlook.
- Simple system to add pending tasks, reminders, due dates...
- Configure daily, weekly, monthly or annual notifications to receive reminders whenever necessary.
- Write notes and add details to each task: addresses, websites, names, contacts...
- Create color-coded lists to establish priorities in a visual manner.
- Configure the application with customizable themes.
- Receive smart suggestions.
- Sync the app with different devices.
One of the strengths of this tool lies in its interface, with a simple yet sober design that combines different elements that make it more visual. In fact, each tasklist or concept included in your reminders can incorporate icons or drawings to help you identify it easier.
The only drawback is that it's only available for Windows 10 so if you're still on Windows 7 or Vista, forget about using it... and regarding possible improvements, it would be great if we could integrate it with Office or even Cortana.