The first important Internet company was Yahoo thanks to its search engine, its website, its messenger, and its email service. The Sunnyvale-based enterprise remained at the top until dotcom crisis and the arrival of Google. However, that hasn't prevented it from continuing to be one of the most significant companies in the online sector where it still provides different services such as the above-mentioned ones.
Yahoo's messenger never disappeared
And although the arrival of Facebook and especially mobile instant messaging and chat apps, such as WhatsApp, left messengers of the likes of ICQ or Microsoft's solution to one side, at Yahoo they continued offering and renovating Yahoo Messenger which has obviously evolved to become an Android and iPhone app.
Send GIFs much easier and undo deliveries of any message.
So this is basically the chat and messaging program that started off on Windows and Mac, but now with a renovated design and new functions adapted to smartphones. Thanks to the latter, we can chat with all our email contacts and use functions such as the following:
- Chat with your contacts individually or create groups.
- Undo the delivery of messages and retrieve anything you've sent, although that won't be applicable if the recipient has already read the message in question.
- Instantly share photos without losing any quality.
- Send GIFs and explore different categories to download them.
- Like messages and pictures.
- Offline mode that allows you to write when you haven't got an Internet connection sends the messages as soon as you go back online.
The design has been carried out bearing in mind different aspects, such as our communication speed, which includes the delivery of multimedia contents such as images and GIF animations. By the way, the latter can also be downloaded from Tumblr as this social network was acquired by Yahoo some time ago.