Application for signing ZIP, APK and JAR files on Android
ZipSigner allows us to sign different kinds of files that we have stored on our Android device. More specifically those files that are in APK, ZIP or JAR format, instantly giving them their own MD5 or SHA1, which will help us validate new versions of the same.
Main features of the application
These are the main features offered by the application:
- It works without the need for rooting.
- Built-in file browser for both input and output files.
- Output files are automatically saved in ZIP format.
- Different kinds of passwords: media, platform, shared or testkey.
- Automatic modes for working out which type of password is the right one.
- Automatic output file name creation based on the name of the file.
- Create you own passwords and signed certificates.
In addition to validating the authenticity of a file, the signature with private passwords is a requirement if you want to publish applications on Google Play.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 2.2.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...