Google's mobile wallet app
The days of cash, and even so-called plastic money, are numbered as mobile payment systems are the order of the day. Apple was the first to announce its Apple Pay platform, and Google soon followed suit with Google Pay, which was renamed Google Wallet APK. Samsung launched Samsung Pay to show its intention to enter this sector. Now, to be able to control all your expenses from your mobile, you only have to download Google Wallet Android.
Pay for your purchases using your Android mobile or wearable.
These mobile payment platforms are already a reality, and Android Pay aims to compete with the aforementioned services and PayPal, of course. The idea is to make paying for your purchases faster, safer, and more convenient than ever. And time has shown that Google was right. More and more people pay through Google Wallet APK without the need to open their wallets.
Advantages of Google Wallet
- Pay directly from your cell phone at any point-of-sale terminal that carries the contactless symbol.
- Manage all your bank cards in a single application. Add as many as you want.
- Make in-app or integrated purchases in a much faster and easier way.
- Completely safe and secure payment system that gives you rewards and bonuses for your purchases.
- Register all your receipts and proofs of payment in one place.
And if you were wondering about the advantages of this service over its main competitors, one is crystal clear. While for Apple Pay and Samsung Pay, you need to have a device of a specific brand, this platform works on any Android device.
Which stores and banks is Google Wallet compatible with?
That is precisely one of the disadvantages of this service compared to other similar systems: it does not work with all establishments. The list already includes many major banks and online banks, including BBVA, Bankinter, N26, Openbank, EVO, Revolut, and kutxabank, among others. However, there are still some big ones missing that still do not have an agreement with the tech giant.
Regarding stores where you can pay with the NFC of your cell phone, that is easier: simply look for establishments (including restaurants and entertainment venues) whose credit card terminal shows the contactless payment symbol. Nowadays, it is difficult to find one that does not have it.
What do I need in order to pay with Google Wallet?
As we have seen, there are three essential requirements to be able to use Android Pay in our country:
- Have an Android device, whether a smartphone or tablet running on version 5.0 or higher or an Android Wear device.
- That device must have NFC functionalities for contactless payments and must not be rooted.
- Have a credit card from one of the supported banks (more and more are gradually joining). You can check this information on the official Google Pay website.
Well, there really is a fourth requirement that's more than obvious: you have to download Google Wallet Android to your phone.
What's new in the latest version
- No changelog available.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 7.0.
Hi, I’m Lauriane Guilloux. I grew up surrounded by gadgets and technology and everyone who knows me assumes that it will always be one of my greatest interests. I’ve evolved hand-in-hand with PCs, laptops, video gaming consoles, smartphones,...