Over the years, PayPal has gained the confidence of online users. Hundreds of thousands of people trust this platform to make safe online payments. For such reason, it was only a matter of time before the company launched an app to allow us to make quick and simple payments straight from our phones by means of a safe yet informal system.
We're talking about Venmo: Send & Receive Money which we could define as PayPal's version of those different wallet apps released by almost all banks from all over the world, including ING Direct's Twyp. Thanks to this tool and simply by means of an email address or Facebook account, we can quickly send and receive money to and from our mates, or go shopping online, even paying in installments if necessary.
No more debts between friends or all those impossible calculations when it comes to paying the bill or the drinks.
Main features of Venmo
Although this service is only available at present in the USA, it should be arriving in other countries sometime soon as its options are very useful for the majority of Android users, as well as easy to use and extremely complete:
- Send money to your friends by associating an account or credit card, without interests or fees.
- Use the platform as a connection between buyer and seller to make safe transactions.
- Free money transfers from your Venmo account to your bank account in one to three days, or instantly to a credit card by simply paying 25 cents.
- Possibility to pay for a selection of apps and in millions of online stores and splitting the expenses between friends if necessary.
- Option to take notes and calculate the balance of expenses to keep accounts between friends. Useful for trips, nights out, or dinners.
What's new in the latest version
- No changelog available.