We already know that Elon Musk has the superpower to turn anything into a trend and even revolutionize the markets with a simple mention on Twitter. Well, although it had already achieved a certain relevance by its own means, the success of the platform we present to you skyrocketed as soon as the South African tycoon gave a talk and interview on it. We are referring, of course, to Clubhouse.
Since then, thousands of people have been looking for and hoping to receive an invitation to this social network which, at least for the moment, functions as a private club. The reason: the developers want it to grow in a controlled way in order to achieve optimal function.
So what's the deal with this social network?
This is a different platform from the ones we already know. Clubhouse is made up of rooms that users can access to participate in direct and totally informal audio conversations, whether between friends, strangers or even celebrities.
Each person can connect to chat with the people they follow, participate as a listener in conversations or interviews or even simply listen to debates on topics that interest them, like a podcast.
- Users can choose to join rooms on the topics that interest them: technology, travel, sports, music, etc.
- Conversations are not recorded, they disappear once finished.
- Each room or channel can host up to 5,000 active users at a time.
- Members can take turns speaking by requesting the floor.
- Many celebrities are using the service as a meeting place with their fans and journalists.
- In principle, each user has access to two invitations to hand out and will receive them as they participate in the network.