Paying with our phone is becoming a usual action and we can now find loads of stores and businesses that accept this payment method for purchases and services. iPhone users can make use of Apple Pay whilst Android users can use Android Pay. However, if you've got a Samsung you can use the app developed by the Korean multinational company and optimized for their smartphones: Samsung Pay
Contactless payments with your phone
It's an app to pay with our phone compatible with some of the main banks in the world and also all sorts of department stores and smaller shops. By installing the APK on your phone, you won't have to carry any cash around with you and neither any credit or debit cards. You only have to move your phone next to the reader.
It's accepted anywhere that admits contactless payments and there's no need to worry about your safety, or that's at least what Samsung says. It has been developed following the same criteria as the credit or debit cards used to pay with.
Don't worry about forgetting your money or cards at home: your phone is enough.
If you decide to adopt this payment method, you should know that it comes along with the following features and functions:
- Contactless payment method: just move your phone closer and pay instantly.
- All transactions have to be authorized by fingerprint, PIN or eye scan.
- The app's security follows the same criteria as any debit or credit card: a unique random sequence for each payment.
- The card credentials are stored as safe elements on the device.
- Compatible with Visa, American Express, and MasterCard.
- Possibility to register loyalty cards.
What phones are compatible with Samsung Pay?
As we said, this mobile payment method has been designed for devices made by the South Korean brand, so forget about downloading the app to ZTE, Xiaomi or any other phone: it has to be Samsung but it isn't available for all models as the oldest devices don't support the app. These are the compatible handsets:
- Galaxy S8+.
- Galaxy S8.
- Galaxy S7 edge.
- Galaxy S7.
- Galaxy S6 edge+.
- Galaxy S6 edge.
- Galaxy S6.
- Galaxy A5 2016.
- Galaxy A5 2017.