Ever since we all carry around a smartphone in our pocket, our life has become much easier in many different aspects. We've always got access to the Internet, we hardly ever have to go to the bank, our GPS takes us to anywhere we need to go, and we never miss out on the chance to take a great photo. But there's much more.
Automatic translation systems have helped us to knock down linguistic barriers and to help us to understand make ourselves understood in any complicated situation, even in a more or less incorrect manner.
A complete and useful voice and text translator
The Speak & Translate - Translator app that we're introducing you to today will probably never reach the popularity of Google Translate or even Yandex's translator, but it allows us to establish a decent communication between people of different nationalities and languages and help us to understand texts, signs, maps or whatever we need when abroad in a country whose language we don't know. These are its main features:
- Compatible with 117 different languages for text translations and 54 for voice translations, including Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, etc.
- Real-time voice recognition.
- Automatic detection of the language used in the text-to-text mode.
- Synchronization of the translation history between Apple devices by means of iCloud.
- Possibility to choose the voice speed and between a male and female voice.
Destroy all language barriers with Speak & Translate.
Once you try out this system, you'll soon notice that automatic translations still have a long way to go to improve their quality but this kind of app is more than enough to make yourself understood in certain complicated communicational situations, both at personal and professional level.
Finally, we have to point out that although Speak & Translate - Translator is free, this version is limited to a certain number of translations per day. If you want to be able to use this system whenever you want, there are licenses available ranging between 5 and 26 euros that also include an offline mode for the translation of texts and the removal of all adverts.