An essential element of any computer is an office suite that allows us to edit and process texts, create spreadsheets, prepare slideshows or manage small databases, so that working with our information and documents is as practical and straightforward as possible.
Tools available in StarOffice
StarOffice, the paid version of the popular OpenOffice suite, is a pack of office applications that tries to compete with Microsoft Office offering versatile and varied tools among which we will find:
- Writer: A text editor that will allow us to create from small reminder notes to complete diagrams.
- Calc: Spreadsheet with which we can analyze, calculate and share data easily.
- Impress: An easy-to-use application to create and show presentations.
- Draw: Tool for the creation of vectorial drawings with which we can create practically anything, from flow charts to the design of a room.
- Base: A program that will allow you to create databases freely.
One of the best features of OpenOffice is undoubtedly the functions that can be added to it by means of extensions, many of which are available on the Sun website for StarOffice.
If you're looking for an Office suite that is halfway between OpenOffice and Microsoft Office, you should try out StarOffice.