A must-have racing game
The Asphalt saga, developed by the French studio Gameloft, has managed to become one of the best car racing game series on the market. The different titles belonging to this franchise have turned it into a reference in the field of racing games for smartphones and tablets, whether Android or iPhone. The main reason is that they have managed to bring to mobile devices elements that we were used to only seeing on our PC or video consoles with games of the likes of Need For Speed.
One of the best mobile racing games
Within this series, one of the most successful games is Asphalt 8: Airborne, a car racing game that combines outstanding playability and excellent graphics with loads of features that have turned it into a major hit in terms of downloads and user opinions.
In Asphalt 8, we'll race around tracks at full speed in some of the best cars in the world as well as stunning motorbikes, driving and riding around different settings and environments. There are dozens and dozens of vehicles to choose from in a game that mixes arcade entertainment and a story mode in which we have to complete all sorts of challenges.
A racing game in which you can make the most of extreme driving.
The following are the main features that we'll come across in this excellent game:
- Over 190 cars and bikes to choose from, including some of the most renowned makes and models in the world: Lamborghini, Bugatti, Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche, Ducati, BMW, Mercedes, Ford…
- Realistic engine sounds.
- Possibility to customize our cars and bikes with more than 2,000 different stickers.
- Carry out all sorts of stunts using the ramps to defy the limits of physics: do jumps and 360º flips, carry out mid-air manoeuvers to do all sorts of stunts to increase your speed.
- Over 40 tracks set in different locations such as Venice, the Nevada Desert or Iceland, amongst many other places. Race around them following their original configuration or carry out variations to discover hidden shortcuts.
- Story mode with 9 seasons and over 400 different events to be completed.
- State-of-the-art visual effects with real-time geometrical reflections and other HD effects.
- Unlock content such as new cars by taking part in special events.
- Detailed damage system.
- Play the online multiplayer mode competing with up to 7 players at once.
- Take part in races by challenging your friends.
- Share your achievements as a driver.
- Original soundtrack to complement the game's action.
- Customize the on-screen controls and icons.
You should know that you can download the APK for free straight from Malavida and that you can play without paying a cent. However, you can always resort to in-app purchases to buy different elements to improve your driving capabilities.
What's new in the latest version
- New challenges, contests, and prizes.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 5.0.
- Offers in-app purchases.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...