It started off as an indie game but it became so successful that Minecraft quickly grew and ended up being purchased by Microsoft that now takes care of its development and maintenance. It's available on several platforms (Windows PX, Xbox, Android, iPhone...) and it has millions of players from all over the world.
However, not everyone is willing to pay to play, and that's why people have developed alternatives that can be downloaded for free and that are only financed by means of in-app purchases. We're talking about titles of the likes of Block Craft 3D, a sandbox game that, just like Mojang's title, is based on building your own world.
It's all about building
Here the user will exclusively focus on constructing, therefore, the adventure and fighting side of Minecraft isn't present in this APK. However, whoever's into building with blocks and designing his own cities, will find in Block Craft an excellent game with loads of possibilities.
Invent buildings or construct recreations of other popular buildings such the Eiffel Tower or fictional constructions such as the Death Star.
You can travel around an open world and explore it as you wish, having total freedom to build whatever you want. These of the main features of this game:
- The only limit is the player's imagination: towers, mansions, monuments, skyscrapers, warehouses, spacecraft...
- Includes customized blocks and special furniture.
- Possibility to visit cities created by other players and help them to build.
- Option to sell your constructions to earn gems.
- Adopt animals such as dogs, cats or a pet elephant.
- Possibility to choose your own character and customize him however you want.
- Online multiplayer game mode.
One of the latest features incorporated into the game is its multiplayer mode. You can now play online and although you won't have to kill any enemies, it does allow you to visit the cities of other gamers and view how they've unleashed their creativity.