The web browser included in Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP
Internet Explorer has traditionally been the main option for Microsoft in terms of web browsers. Their operating systems are equipped with it, which is one of the reasons why millions of users from all over the world use it to browse the Internet. Internet Explorer 6 was launched in 2001 and it obtained a large market share.
A flexible and reliable browsing experience.
Internet Explorer 6 is a web browser included by default in the Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 operating systems. Also known by its abbreviation IE, it provides the user with a complete package of tools to browse the Internet with total guarantees.
- Partial support for the first level of CSS, DOM level 1 and SMIL.
- Includes several DHTML improvements and the latest version of Internet Explorer Administration kit.
- Includes multimedia toolbars.
- Perfect integration with Windows Messenger.
- Improved graphic interface thanks to the 'Luna' style.
- Disabled Gopher protocol.
Time goes by for everyone
To be able to use IE6 you need to uninstall the later versions of the browser that you have installed on your PC. You'll be able to try out its functions and features, but you have to take into account that it involves waiving all the innovations, functions and, especially, security improvements that have been included in the modern versions.
Download Internet Explorer 6 for free, one of the most successful web browsers among the users of Windows operating systems.
Requirements and additional information:
- Runs on Windows XP or previous operating systems.
As a technology journalist with over 12 years of experience in the world of software and apps, I have had the opportunity to try all kinds of devices and operating systems over the years. I have done from software or mobile applications reviews...