Version 10.15 of the Apple operating system for Mac PCs has been named after the southern Californian island of Santa Catalina. The priniciple new feature with respect to Mojave, which was 10.14, is that it exclusively supports 64-bit applications.
Voice control jumps from Siri to the whole Mac
As well as this change, Apple has incorporated others, such as voice control which allows users to control the computer using spoken commands. These are the principal new features of macOS Catalina:
- The introduction of Catalyst, a new platform which allows the software to be programmed for both macOS and ¡PadOS.
- Computer control using voice commands, going beyond the functions found in Siri.
- A new function named Sidecar, which allows the enabling of an ¡Pad with ¡PadOS 13, which functions as an external wireless display.
- ¡Tunes is redesigned in the same way as in ¡OS and separates content into music, podcast, and TV apps.
- Find My merges into one the previous Find My Mac and Find My Friends.
- Unlimited access to Apple Arcade, a platform with more than 100 video games.
- Introduction of changes and improvements in applications like Notes, Reminders, and Safari.
- Apple Watch functions for identification purposes, unlocking notes, checking passwords, and approving app installation.
Update your Mac to the new MacOS now, and enjoy the new usability features and the performance upgrades that it offers.