PSP emulator for Android
As of lately, smartphones and tablets have become worthy successors of portable video game consoles (although Nintendo Switch is still playing hard). Their hardware features allow us to run games that demand high-performance features and also a huge catalog of games of all kinds of genres.
But despite the latter, we still miss loads of legendary games that we used to play and that still haven't been adapted to our phone, such as those released for the Sony PSP. But there's no need to worry because we can always download the best PSP emulator for Android. We're obviously talking about PPSSPP - PSP Emulator.
The best PSP emulator for Android is called PPSSPP
This app is going to allow us to play almost any game in this portable console's catalog. For such purpose, the only thing you've got to do is download its APK and its games, that in the case of Android don't come as ROMs but in ISO or CSO format, instead.
The HD quality of its graphics helps to improve the gaming experience.
This emulator that comes along with versions for iOS and also for Windows PC offers us the following features on our smartphones and tablets:
- Play games in HD resolution.
- Adapt the resolution to your device and its screen size.
- Configure the touchscreen controls to your own liking or use an external gamepad or keyboard.
- Save the status of every game and recover them whenever you want.
- Transfer saved games from your original PSP.
- GPL license that allows you to contribute as a developer.
Regarding how to install games, you'll have to search for the latter on the Internet. They're offered for free on different web pages. In any case, there's a hub from where you can download a few demos just in case you want to check how the app works once you install it.
On many occasions, these games accept cheats, so you'll be able to obtain competitive advantages in some of them if you search for guides about how to enable tricks and cheats in the emulator. Quite a few webs explain how to do so.
You should also know that there's a Gold version of the application that you can download to all the different platforms. It's basically the same edition as the free version (don't expect a full APK version) but in which you pay some money to contribute towards the development of the project.
What's new in the latest version
- Once logged in, notifications appear on the toolbar of each article.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 2.3.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...