You probably already know that Minecraft is a 3D construction and adventure game. The Blockheads offers us a similar system of creating virtual worlds, but this time changing the perspective completely: to 2D.
Build a virtual world in 2D
This is a sandbox game in which we can build our own virtual world, which we will mold to our liking. It is a randomly generated world that we will be able to shape and has similar aspects to how Earth works: temperature differences between some places and others, deserts, snowy peaks, seasons... we will also find fauna and flora to tame. All this without forgetting our own needs: to sleep, to eat, to have a refuge where we can shelter, to make clothes... all this will make us happier and more productive.
These are the main features of this adventure and construction game:
- Control a huge randomly-generated world with all kinds of geographical incidents.
- Satisfy your survival needs.
- Update your workbench and discover new elements and objects to craft.
- Build ships that allow you to navigate.
- Build a huge shelter in which to protect yourself.
- Cultivate plants that feed you and domesticate animals.
- Play alone or with friends and visit their creations.
- Find hidden treasures.
There is no doubt that this is one of the most original alternatives to Minecraft.