Prisons are an inexhaustible source of inspiration for all kinds of fiction, including video games. The plot of The Escapists revolves around a prison and how to escape from it, a very successful retro adventure game in which we will have to do everything possible to escape without raising the slightest suspicion.
Keep a low profile and don't raise suspicion
The game takes us to different prisons in beautiful 2D pixel scenarios... in fact it reminds us of those roguelike or dungeon games that were popular in the eighties and early nineties. Our mission is to escape and for that we can take objects and craft them to create weapons or tools, interact with other characters, move furniture ...
The game recreates the routines and situations of a prison. Get rid of the guards and those prisoners who want to stop you and above all keep up appearances with good behavior, always showing up for roll call and getting a job.
These are the main features it offers:
- Different prisons to escape from: from minimum security prisons to dangerous prisons like Alcatraz.
- Steal and exchange objects and combine them to turn the most harmless things into dangerous weapons.
- Trade with other prisoners.
- Avoid smuggling detectors so that the alarm level does not rise to 99%.
- Intuitive controls.
- Take advantage of the exercises in the yard to increase your strength.