WhatsApp voice notes are one of the most practical tools that the platform makes available to users when communicating with others, but they sometimes have issues and that is why we have created this tutorial to solve them.
The developers are aware of this, and that is why they have not stopped adding new features to this function, such as the possibility of listening to the recorded audio before sending it. But what happens when voice memos are not heard? Where is the problem and how to solve it? If you do not listen to WhatsApp audios sent to you by friends and family, you are in the right place. Here, we tell you how to solve this problem.
- 1. Why WhatsApp audios cannot be listened to
- 2. I do not listen to WhatsApp audios! Solutions
- 2.1 Check that the volume is not set to minimum
- 2.2 Update your WhatsApp for the latest Android version
- 2.3 Clear WhatsApp cache
- 2.4 Restart the device
- 2.5 Download the latest operating system updates
- 2.6 Make sure you have an Internet connection
- 2.7 The mobile phone of your contact may be malfunctioning
- 2.8 Hardware problems? Contact the manufacturer
1. Why WhatsApp audios cannot be listened to
Before explaining to you the most convenient solutions for when WhatsApp audios are not being listened to, we must give you some recommendations that will allow you to detect where the problem is. Follow these steps to diagnose the situation:
- Check if other audios can be listened to. You will then be able to determine whether the problem is in particular audio or all of them.
- Test the sound of the cellphone in other applications. By doing so, you will find out whether the error is in the system, on the phone, or in the application itself.
- Try making a call. This way, you will know if there is a fault with the main speaker or the earphone.
- Connect headphones and play the audio. If the result is successful, you will narrow down the problem to the speakers of the device.
After performing these tests, the time has come to look for the most appropriate solutions in each case.
2. I do not listen to WhatsApp audios! Solutions
With all that has been explained in the previous section, it will be clearer to you what the source of the problem is. Review the most convenient solution according to the results of your research.
2.1 Check that the volume is not set to minimumTurn up the volume to hear WhatsApp voice notes loud and clear
We recommend that you start with the basics: check if the volume is turned down. If you have been using the device to play videos or to play games, you may have turned off the sound. The solution is as simple as pressing the volume buttons. The display will show the potentiometer indicating the set volume.
Remember that some customization layers let you alter the volume of each application independently. Watch out for this! Make sure that you have turned down the volume on WhatsApp only.
2.2 Update your WhatsApp for the latest Android version
Having the latest versions of your favorite applications is the only way to enjoy the new features introduced by developers. It also helps you to eliminate any errors that may have been detected. Without going any further, some users reported that in WhatsApp version 2.18.205 it was impossible to listen to received audios. As you can see, it is vitally important to install the updates as they arrive. How to do it? There are two methods:
- Downloading WhatsApp from Malavida. We always offer the latest version available.
- By opening the Google Play Store and checking the updates section.
2.3 Clear WhatsApp cache
If you have detected that the problem could be related to the WhatsApp application, you can try clearing the cache. In this way, you will be able to make some temporary errors disappear.Clearing WhatsApp’s cache is one of the most efficient ways to fix errors
How to clear the WhatsApp cache? This is how you do it:
- Long tap on the WhatsApp
- Tap on App info.
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap on Create data and then on Clear cache.
2.4 Restart the device
Maybe the reason why you are not listening to WhatsApp audio is that the sound driver has crashed. The best way to solve it is to turn the device off and on. The main controllers will then be restarted. Do this by long-tapping the power button and selecting Restart.
2.5 Download the latest operating system updates
In case the problem is related to the operating system of your phone, you should ideally try to download and install the latest version available. It is possible that the manufacturer has patched the problem and will provide a fix in the form of an update.Keeping the system updated is another way to fix bugs related to WhatsApp voice notes
How to update an Android phone? Although the steps differ from one customization layer to another, here are some guidelines:
- Go to the About phone
- Check to see if the word Update If it does, tap on it.
- Confirm the download and installation of the latest version of the operating system.
2.6 Make sure you have an Internet connection
WhatsApp requires an Internet connection to download voice memos. In this regard, it is a good idea to make the following checks:
- The airplane mode is turned off.
- That you have sufficient mobile data coverage.
- That you are connected to a wifi network.
2.7 The mobile phone of your contact may be malfunctioning
Have you detected that you have this problem with only one of your contacts? Then, ask your contact to send you another audio. If the problem persists, then it may be due to a fault in the microphone of your device. You can try calling each other to check the audio or use another app to send audio, such as Telegram.
2.8 Hardware problems? Contact the manufacturer
Finally, if after all the tests you have realized that the speakers of your device are the problem, contact the manufacturer. Remember: this error is not normal and the manufacturer should be held responsible. If the equipment is under warranty, the manufacturer must repair it at no additional cost or offer a replacement.