Set in the Greco-Persian Wars of the 5th century BC, Sparta: War of Empires is a completely free MMO strategy game in which you'll manage your own Greek city-state and fight against the threat of the Persian Empire.
Despite being an online game in which the player only needs a browser to be able to play, it comes along with decent graphics and a soundtrack that immerses the player into the plot. It has all the elements necessary to be enjoyed by beginners in the world of strategy games and a wide range of features that will delight the most advanced players.
Main features of this game
- Build and protect a city against the threat of the Persians.
- Lead and train your army to make increasingly stronger.
- Defy other cities and defeat them to prove your power and control a vaster territory.
- Obtain large amounts of the three resources necessary and trade them: bronze, grain and wood.
- Build alliances with other city-states to attack other players.
- Sign commercial treaties, construct new buildings, enhance the already existing ones and improve the technology available.
Where can I find a tutorial to play Sparta: War of Empires?
The player will take on the role of Arconte, the leader of an Ancient Greek city-state who has to turn is territory into an empire and build an increasingly stronger army and it won't be an easy task.
Plarium, the development studio behind this strategy game, understands how difficult it is to start playing an MMO of this nature and offers its users a complete online guide with which we'll be able to take our first steps in this Greek adventure. Furthermore, if the player is still somewhat lost after reading the whole guide, he can ask the rest of online users as the game has a very useful internal chat for this kind of situations.