Over the last few months, battle royale video games have become tremendously popular. As you know, we're talking about those online multiplayer games in which everyone fights against everyone (although we can also sometimes create alliances) and the last player standing, wins. PUBG is definitely amongst the most popular titles and the latter comes along with versions for Android that are mainly aimed at the Asian market, although you can download their APKs from Malavida. But we can't forget about Fortnite.
One of the best battle royale games has finally on iPhone
Epic games, in charge of the development of this second game, have been working on a mobile version for iOS devices, in other words, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. That means that we're going to be able to play this massively multiplayer action game wherever we go provided that we've got an Internet connection and enough battery.
As you probably already know, in this game you'll have to do whatever it takes to not be wiped out by your rivals. For such purpose, you can make use of different weapons and also get hold of other items and materials that will allow you to craft your own shelter, just like in Minecraft.
We don't expect the game to be too different to its versions for Windows, Mac or video console that we've already been able to play. In other words, the same tools, the same characters, the same techniques, and the same strategies... at the end of the day, it's all about making the game fully cross-playable and that gamers on their mobile devices are in the same conditions than those that play on other platforms.
Take your Fornite matches with you wherever you go.
We recommend you to pay plenty of attention to Malavida, Twitter, and Facebook to find out when there's any update or news about the mobile version. With regard to Fortnite for Android, its developers have already said that it will be out in the future but we'll still have to wait for a few months to be able to download the APK to our smartphone or tablet. In the meantime, we'll have to cope with this version for iOS.
But is Fortnite free to play?
Yes, it's free. However, to finance the development and maintenance of the game and its servers, it offers packs that can be purchased for money, providing us with access to different contents:
- Standard Founder’s Pack: its price is €39.99 and it includes 7 daily piñata packs with exclusive founder loot packs, as well as 4 in-game banner icons.
- Deluxe Founder’s Pack: its price is €59.99 and it comes along with a rare hero starter pack (8 in total), a rare starter weapon pack, an exclusive founder’s pistol, 33 piñata packs with daily and exclusive loots, 50 extra vault inventory slots, 10 in-game banner icons, and 10 power-ups for the player and to be shared.
- Super Deluxe Founder’s Pack: its price is €89.99 and it offers a digital standard edition for a friend (with rare starter weapons, heroes, and traps), an exclusive founder’s pistol, a starter hero pack, 2 exclusive in-game defenders, 47 piñata packs, 100 extra vault inventory slots, 15 in-game banner icons, exclusive access to the founder’s chat channel, and 20 power-ups for the player as well as 20 more to be shared.
- Limited Edition Founder’s Pack: for €149.99 the player has access to 2 exclusive legendary heroes with their weapons and traps, a rare starter weapon pack, an exclusive founder’s pistol, a rare starter hero pack, 2 exclusive defenders, 99 piñata packs, 2 digital standard editions for friends, 200 extra vault inventory slots, 10 extra backpack inventory slots, 20 in-game banner icons, access to the exclusive founder’s chat channel, and 40 power-ups for the player and 40 more to be shared.
What's new in the latest version
We recommend you to pay special attention to Malavida or to Epic Games' social networks, mainly Facebook and Twitter, to keep up with all the latest updates to the mobile version:
- New Season 7 with the huge iceberg collision.
- New battle pass object: wrappers.
- Adds Ziplines to travel across the map or the possibility to fly in a Stormwing plane.