The most popular social network in the world, just after Facebook, is definitely Twitter. It has established itself as a reference for immediacy and trending news, as well as becoming a thermometer to measure the opinion of its users about what they consider as important. And they've only had to give them 140 characters to express themselves.
For quite some time, many online services have reached their success thanks to the proliferation of mobile phones and this microblogging social network isn't an exception: making it easier to tweet at any time and in any place has been the key and that's all down to the official Twitter application for iPhone.
In fact, its search function has become for many users a basic search engine capable of competing against Google when it comes to looking for the most recent news and topics. Here, you can keep up with everything Trump says in his account and the opinions, things, and contents that all kinds of famous people, celebrities, sportsmen, and journalists share on their own profiles.
All the functions necessary to tweet from your phone
In fact, this social network has adapted to the model proposed for smartphones, both iOS, and Android, and works perfectly synchronized with these devices through its official client. These are the main features and functions you'll find in this app:
- Write tweets, obviously.
- Mention other users by means of using @ (mentions no longer count against the character limit).
- Retweet and reply to what other users have posted.
- Mention tweets by other users to reply to a conversation.
- Fav a tweet to mark it as a favorite, as if it were a Facebook Like.
- Support for multimedia content. One of its most important functions as it allows you to add images, videos, GIF animations, and surveys to your messages.
- Upload photos and enhance them within the app.
- Broadcast live video through Periscope.
- Integration with other applications of the likes of Instagram to share content.
- Pin tweets to the top of your user profile.
- Send private messages.
- Check the Trending Topics that show you what everyone is talking about. These TTs are delimited by geographical region.
- Function to create lists and organize all the information you're following.
- Possibility to block users so that they can't follow you or add you to any list.
All these features are presented on a very functional and sober user interface reduced to the minimum expression in terms of the elements displayed so as not to use as few resources as possible and to pay more attention to reading, and a more fluid use of the application.
A window to the Internet
People say that social networks, or at least general ones like this one or Facebook, are windows to the Internet that filter all its contents. And that's so because you'll manage to follow all the news and topics of your interest, you'll be able to express yourself by means of written opinions or using multimedia contents and you can let everyone know who you are by customizing your profile.
Taking this potential into account, the guys at the company have offered the service's API publicly so that any developer can integrate the functions of this social network into their own application. You can put your entire digital life through this app.
Questions and answers about Twitter
And whilst we're here, we're going to try to settle some of the most popular doubts about this service and offer you some extra information about many of the issues that plenty of users ask about this social network:
- How many violation reports are necessary to shut down an account? The number doesn't really matter, you could need only one. It's all about the quality of the report, in other words, if there's a basis and how severe are the conditions we're violating.
- How many tweets are necessary to create a Trending Topic? That depends on the algorithm but it usually requires about 1,350 mentions per minute.
- How many users does it currently have? There aren't any exact figures but we can say that there are approximately 320 million daily users.
- How old do I have to be to have an account? That doesn't depend on the company but on the laws in your country of residence.
What's new in the latest version?
- Changes aimed at fixing bugs and implementing improvements.